Thursday, July 12, 2007

Where the Magic Happens




My office, where I will come up with the brilliant quips that will make this web log the most popular on the Internet. Notice how I use the term "web log" instead of blog. Despite the chaotic appearance of my work area, I am a very anal purist, especially concerning language. I hate slang, and yes, blog is slang for web log. My wife, an English teacher, tells me that there is nothing wrong with slang and that such new terms and shortened versions of words are just part of a natural evolution of language. Well, I'm a hardliner I suppose.

Anyway, on my walls you will see most of my heroes: Don Adams (of Get Smart fame), Che Guevara, Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, Rene DesCartes, Soren Kierkegaard, Burt Reynolds, Ned Beatty, and Jon Voight. Oh, and various pictures of my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment